Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Daily CSI Challenge (4-24)


#1: David was sitting in his hotel room reading a book, when he heard a knock at the door, and the sound of someone trying the door handle. He opened the door, where he saw a man whom he had never seen before.
The man said, "I'm terribly sorry ... I thought this was my room. Wrong floor, I guess." He then walked off down the hall toward the elevator.
David went back into his room, thought about what had just happened, and then phoned the front desk, suggesting they call the police, since the man at the door had obviously been a thief.


Why was David so sure the man had been a thief?

__________________________________________________________________________

#2: The clock in the courthouse ahead of Max showed six o'clock. As it began chiming, he noticed a tall man with a briefcase walking towards him. The man turned around, looked at the clock, and then quickened his steps. He took an envelope and dropped it in a mailbox as he continued on. Max moved faster, too. Miss Fritz had invited him for dinner. He didn't want to be late.

"I'm glad you could come," Harborville's oldest music teacher said. "I've made a lovely salad for us." She gestured Max to a chair. "Good thing I prepared ahead. A surprise visitor just left."

"Who visited?" Max asked.

"A teacher from Harborville's School for the Deaf,” she replied. “He was totally deaf himself; poor man, but he could read lips perfectly. He had the loveliest penmanship when he wanted to tell me something." 

"Why was he here?" he asked.

She said, "Well, evidently the school is low on funds. I was glad to help out. I had just cashed my social security check so I was able to give him five hundred dollars."

"Did he just leave?” he asked. “Was he a tall man with a brief case?"

"Yes," she replied.

"We'd better phone the police. I think that man was a phony. I know for sure he wasn't totally deaf."

How did Max figure it out?

_____________________________________________________________________

Don't forget to look at the Forensic Science Key Terms on the resources page. It is updated with the correct definitions. Have a great week and a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment